Daylight Savings Time ends on November 1st. Here are some reminders as the sun goes down earlier each day:
- Drive safely. There is decreased visibility at dusk. Watch for children playing outside or riding their bikes. Reduce your speed in neighborhoods and be sure your lights are on.
- Exercise & play safely. Stay visible if you walk or run in the evening. Wear neon or light clothing and reflective armbands and hats to help motorists see you.
- Inspect outdoor lighting. Consider replacing your regular bulbs with energy-efficient CFLs or LEDs. These bulbs last much longer than regular incandescent bulbs.
- Change your light timers. You may need to reset them to turn on earlier because the days are getting shorter.
- Check your batteries. Let the season change be a reminder to replace batteries in your home’s smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detectors.