It’s Wheels Wednesday. Are you getting ready to store your classic car for the winter? Here’s some tips:
- Wash & wax the car. Water stains or debris left on the car can permanently damage the paint.
- A connected, unattended battery will eventually lose its charge. Safest bet is to remove the battery & store it in a warm safe place.
- Fill up with ethanol-free fuel & add fuel stabilizer.
- Cover the car with a weatherproof car cover to keep dust, unexpected spills & accidental scratches off the paint.
- Avoid unwanted critters by covering the exhaust pipe & air intake with steel wool. Mothballs or cotton balls dipped in peppermint oil along the perimeter also act as a deterrent.
- Maintain your insurance so there is coverage if there is a fire, theft or roof collapse (some examples).