It’s Wheels Wednesday. How about tips to make your commute less stressful? About 86% of us commute to work and spend an average of 50 minutes at the wheel a day. Here are 5 tips from The Good Life magazine:
- For the morning commute, make sure you have eaten something. Basic, but it helps with the stress level.
- Leave earlier and check traffic via a real-time GPS or an app like Google Maps or Waze. Time urgency (the stress of being late) is connected to blood pressure and depression.
- The longer your commute, the more likely to cause back or neck pain. Avoid hunching over the wheel.
- Leave the errands for lunchtime instead of cramming them into your before work commute.
- Don’t be a lane hopper. Changing lanes is the single most stressful activity faced in everyday driving.